Ginseng helps to prolong human life and to preserve agility of human body. In the Compendium of Medical, a celebrated medical book written by Li Shi-Zhen of the Ming dynasty, one can find a quotation that Ginseng cures all kinds of anemic feebleness inflicted upon male or female patients.
The main constituents of Ginseng include: ginsenoside, panaxic acid and essential oil, together with B-sisterol, vitamins, saccharides, peptides of low molecular weight and various kinds of amino-acids.
Functions of Ginseng:
- It regulates the activity of the central nervous system and gives a stimulating and tonic action to inhibit fatigue and promote recovery from fatigue. Ginseng helps to build up a strong physique so as to raise metal and physical activities, to improve sleep and to alleviate or remove headache. Ginseng also exercises a sedative action for the treatment of neurasthenia, neurosis and other diseases of the nervous system.
- Ginseng regulates the blood pressure and aids the blood circulation. It cures or alleviates coronary heart disease, hypertension, hypo-tension and myocardial malnutrition.
- Ginseng lowers the level of blood sugar and uric sugar in the patients suffering from diabetes of slight and medium-grave symptoms, rendering thus a general improvement of health condition.
- Ginseng promotes the biosynthesis of ribonucleic acid and protein in the liver, marrow and testicles, increases the nucleic fission of the marrow cells, and gives impetus to metabolism. It activates the functions of the hematogenous organ and serves as a remedy to the depression of sexual capability and to the anemia.
- Ginseng enhances the resistance of human body against heart-shock and therefore serves as a first-aid drug to save death-impending patients, giving them an extra lease of life.
- In short, Ginseng is a drug ideal for treatment of the above mentioned diseases and for its tonic value. A long-term administration of this extract will lead to long life and body ability.